2.24.2011

Survival is Sweet.

But an excellent vacation is sweeter! We are back from Taiwan. It was a hard trip with the kids, but that didn't stop us from having a great time.

First thing was the flight. From LAX to Taiwan, it turned out to be 14 hours!! The worst moment was when I realized after 5 hours that we weren't even halfway. . . but somehow we made it.

We played,


we slept,


and we made it!

This is how I look at the beginning of the journey 9am MST.



This is how I look with only 30 minutes until landing in Taiwan, or 6am MST. For almost 24 hours of travel, I look pretty good!



This blog is not a travel log, so I will only share a few pictures. (and please, no using these photos...)

We saw things that made bored,


then scared.


We played and got messy,


 We saw beautiful things,


And, of course, spent time with Jake's 99-year-old Nai Nai.

For a reference, I'm about 5'7".
I have some sewing/crafting related stuff in conjunction with my trip, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm home and had a great time. The stuff I made for the trip was awesome and all of it was useful. Thanks for the well wishes, they certainly helped.

1 comments:

Bree said...

Glad you had a good trip! I was just starting to wonder about you yesterday. :)