8.25.2010

Blake makes a Blanket

When my husband's grandma came to visit, his cousin came too. Blake is an only child and since he had 2 weeks here I suggested that he make a blanket for his mom. He grumbled, but agreed. We pulled material out of my stash (most of which I stole from my mom's stash...) and picked 4 colors. My favorite moment, Blake said, "My mom likes purple." *mental jaw drop* A 13-year-old boy knows what color is his mom's favorite... and remembered?!

Either way, we worked with what I had. With some encouraging and teasing, I showed Blake how to cut the squares:


Sew them together:



And then tie the blanket:



The only part he didn't do was the edging. It's a little bit more difficult, plus I wanted to try out my new walking foot...





For a kid who's never sewn before, I was mightily impressed that there where only 2 spots in the entire blanket that were noticeably misaligned (and we just covered those with ties!).

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Way to go, Blake!!

Bree said...

Congrats! Only two mistakes?! That's probably better than I would do with my first quilt!